White Chana Pulao with Tomato Chutney.
You can have White Chana Pulao with Tomato Chutney using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Chana Pulao with Tomato Chutney
- You need 1 cup of whole Chana (white, black or green).
- Prepare 1 cup of rice soaked for about 30 minutes.
- You need 5 tbs. of oil.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion-sliced.
- You need 1 tbs. of ginger (Adrak) paste.
- It's 1 tbs. of garlic (Lehsan) paste.
- You need 1 tsp. of whole cumin seeds (Zeera).
- Prepare 6 of black pepper (Kali Mirch).
- You need 6 cloves of (Laung).
- Prepare 1 of black cardamom (Bari Elaichi).
- You need 1/2 inch of piece of cinnamon (Dalchini).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt (adjust to taste.
- Prepare of Tomato Chutney:.
- Prepare 6 of big Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It's 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of Turmeric powder.
- It's 2/4 of Green chillies.
- You need 4/6 of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cumin seeds (Zeera).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It's 2 tbsp of Oil.
White Chana Pulao with Tomato Chutney instructions
- Add about 3 cups of water to chana and boil till the chana becomes tender but does not break apart. Drain and keep aside..
- In another pan, heat the oil and add the onions. Sauté till it starts to turn brown. Add the ginger (Adrak), garlic (Lehsan), cumin seeds (Zeera)), black peppercorn. (Kali Mirch), clove (Laung), Elaichi, cinnamon and salt along with ½ cup of water. Mix well and allow the water to dry. Add the chana and presoaked rice..
- Add water so that it reaches about a 1½ cm above the level of the rice and chana. Cover and cook till water dries and the rice and chana are tender..
- Reduce heat to the minimum, cook in their own steam (dum) for another 5 minutes and remove. Serve with chutney or achaar..
- Tomato Chutney:: In a non-stick saucepan add oil at medium heat, Add cumin seeds, & curry leaves fry for 30 seconds. Then add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder,green chilli and mix well..
- Now after a couple of minutes add salt,do not cook on a high heat,simmer heat and cover the pan leave till smooth. At this stage there will be some liquid from the Tomato in the pan. You need to now stir it till tomatoes gets smooth and mushy..
- Then cover the pan let it until all the liquid evaporates,leave till done. Remove from the heat. Serve this as side dish with fried rice,Paranthas,Tahari,khichdi.....