Goan Fish Curry. A delicious dish that's way better than take out. This post may contain affiliate links. India has lots of coastline, so it's no surprise that fish and seafood are common ingredients in Indian curries.
Goan Fish Curry is an authentic curry recipe prepared. Does Goan fish curry float your boat, or do your allegiances lie in Kerala, Thailand or the West Indies? What are your favourite fish for standing up to spice - and can anyone recommend a really great. You can cook Goan Fish Curry using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Goan Fish Curry
- You need 1 of medium size whole pomfret fish, cleaned, washed & drained.
- Prepare To taste of Salt and red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- It's 3/4 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- It's 4-5 of kashmiri red chilies, soaked for 30 minutes.
- It's 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- It's 1-2 of green chilies.
- It's 1/4 tsp of whole peppercorns.
- You need 1 tsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander leaves, chopped to garnish.
Recipe for Goan Fish Curry made with home made goan fish curry paste and spices. I came across this Goan fish curry from the Instagram handle of Chef Floyd Cardoz. Goan fish curry blends together spices and coconut to bring out the mild sweetness of the tender fresh fish that is so abundant in Goa and around the coast of India. This Goan Fish Curry recipe is a staple food usually eaten with rice and naan like traditional Indian food.
Goan Fish Curry step by step
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of salt, turmeric powder. red chilli powder and lime juice for 5-10 minutes..
- Grind together all the remaining ingredients into a fine paste & keep aside..
- Heat a pan & pour the paste along with the water & simmer for 8-10 min..
- Add the marinated fish and simmer further for 7-8 minutes..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot steamed rice..
My Goan fish curry dish is a packed full of flavour yet quick and simple to make. Learn how to cook it using this fast and easy recipe today. Vinegar adds a delicate sour flavor to this simple dish from Southern India; we use cod, but you could use another firm-fleshed fish if you like. Goan fish curry recipe made with golden anchovies , recipe comes from mothers treasure-bank! This is a traditional goan curry made with fish called mandeli.