Quick Cinnamon Rolls.
You can cook Quick Cinnamon Rolls using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Cinnamon Rolls
- It's 5 cups of flour.
- It's 6 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of buttermilk.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It's 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- You need of For the filling:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbs of melted butter.
- Prepare of Chopped pecans (optional but makes a huge difference).
- It's of For the frosting:.
- It's 4 cups of powder sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
- You need 2 PKG of cream cheese.
Quick Cinnamon Rolls step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees..
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt..
- Mix in buttermilk, vanilla and melted butter. Knead to form the dough..
- Use the rolling pin and roll out dough (sport I forgot to take picture and will add next time I make these)..
- For the filling: mix the brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, salt and melted butter. If the mixture is too hard, add a little more melted butter. It needs to be soft as you will be spreading this over the dough..
- Well, that was quick, spread the filling over the dough. Make sure you get every inch of the dough..
- Sprinkle the chopped/minced pecans over the dough..
- Now roll the dough to form a long roll (like a play dough snake). Use a pastry cutter and cut roll into individual cinnamon rolls. I made 15 with this recipe..
- Butter baking dish and line with cinnamon rolls. Top cinnamon rolls with a little more filling mixture..
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes..
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make the frosting. I used a hand mixer and mixed the powder sugar, heavy whipping cream and cream cheese for about 5 minutes until smooth and creamy..
- Once cinnamon rolls are done, put a small dab of the filling mixture on top allowing it to melt for about a minute or so. Top with the cream cheese frosting and enjoy..